R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 AM
LRPO
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I'm simply saying this truck is not for everyone. $400 you have a RTR 4wd that in the hands of a good driver is just as competitive as our trucks are.
Bashing to me means water, weeds, sand, beach, drainage ditches...etc. There is no way in hell I'm taking my $1000 Losi to do that....$400 Slash, yes.

For a new person to hobby...I was one recently. The Slash is hands down the best option. Things will get broke...even your smallest shops have Traxxas stuff readily available. Race the slash 4wd...if you like it. Buy a Losi and bash the slash. That's what I ended up doing.
I hear ya. My bashing is basicly running the truck at construction sites or any other dirt surface I can find because there are only a handful of tracks near me. Not only that but going to the track 45 mins away with a 2 year old and a 1 year old at home with the wife just isnt happening. Water, weeds, and the beach are never and will never be bashing options for me. If you bash like that then get a slasher. for me bashing=no track to drive at.

oh and this truck doesn't really break. Maybe the pins or the chassis on a very bad landing; but I have landed on my lid several times from 5 to 8 feet in the air and my CF towers look new still.

Last edited by LRPO; 06-10-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add