R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Bobby Z
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I would guess that on carpet you are trying to get the rear end to rotate as much as you can. The HRC in my experience does not hurt fwd bite just allows the rear end to rotate through the corner more. So with mid motors giving more steering as the goal is getting the rear end to rotate under extreme traction conditions I could see HRC being popular for those types of tracks. Now if you are running mid motor in less then ideal conditions LRC might be better to help lock in the rear end of the car since traction is not ideal and you don't have the weight back there to help.
This is very much true. The Schumacher mini pins tires we run are very grippy on carpet and I generally fight with a push as soon as I hit the apex and coming out of the corner. I had new tires on the rear last night and I'm running 3.5 HRC block and could probably go to 3.0 HRC. We compensate by running the car stiffer than you would on dirt or clay. I'm running pink or red springs in the rear on the outer position in rear tower, long wheelbase, etc.

Opposite of many things mentioned here already for gaining traction when exiting a corner. Last night I tested with 0 degree castor blocks with the 25 degree kickup shim and although it did feel like it had more steering exiting the corner I lost ALOT of steering entering the corner. I was down to an orange spring, 22.5 wt oil and 56x4 pistons. I prefer the 5 degree blocks for now. I actually may even go back to 10 degree blocks with 20 degree kickup as I haven't tried that since the first night with the car.