R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Starting up a 1/10th F1 class localy. Help?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 AM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Sorry 'bout the exageration ;-(

Originally Posted by JJBinks
If I am not mistaken even if we limit it to the F104 they make multipld versions ranging from 150 to 300 let alone if you get used. So I don't believe you would need a $400 dollar car to participate. I alos believe due to the range in price this was the reason for choosing the F104, for realism and the cheap price (if thats the version you choose).
Yeah, you're probably right, I been listening to others exagerate and fell into the trap. But be careful. I could find about 7 F104 type versions for sale, and they sell for from $179 to $279 (at Tower) (I know the F104x is just a "first price"). Only the F104 Pro and the new F104X1 are listed as being at 180mm. The Ferrari F60 is 187mm and the Vodaphone McLaren is 183mm. There are four "F104W" versions, they are 205mm wide. The pro doesn't come with rubber tires and the X1 doesn't come with a body. Oh, and the gears are all oddball too. If you buy used, you better know what you are getting... Tamiya bodies are very expensive (double to triple) and they like the "Hop-Ups" too. A lot of the neat stuff comes from Asia and some may not be imported.

So I don't tlhink there is a "range in price" at all. You might look into converting the "wide" F104's to 180mm. Wonder if that is just a misprint?
As far a realistic goes, F1 limits each Team to two cars. What if six MoPars, er I mean Fiats, shkow up?? lol

Hey, on a more interesting suject, how's the Shepard going? I hope to come up and play next week!

Later,
Ned