R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - front motor car
Thread: front motor car
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coelacanth
Back in the 80's, Nichimo made some offroad buggies that were FWD. There are a lot of challenges for a FWD platform, especially offroad. There's not enough weight to really allow the front tires to grab; and when they do, the rear end tends to fish-tail all over the place. I've seen some guy's video of his Spirit FF in action and while it spun the fronts and sprayed dirt & gravel everywhere, it didn't really GET anywhere very efficiently.

I would assume an onroad FWD chassis would be at least a bit more effective but perhaps not enough to make it compelling performance-wise.
The chassis he posted is front motor, but all wheel drive, not front wheel drive.

Originally Posted by bosco72
Sakura Zero S i just looked at nice car.But the hopups are pink Do they make any other colors.
No. Pink is the Sakura Zero color.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
You can race just about anything you want so long as it fits within the rules of what a TC is. Its all up to you as far as your ability to setup the car and your ability to drive the car.

However, some cars make that an easy task and some cars will make that a difficult one. If you're new to the hobby its best you work with a local hobby shop that can help you get started.
Yep, you could race a 2x4 with bottle caps for wheels, if they allowed it, but you aren't going to do very well with it.