R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Starting up a 1/10th F1 class localy. Help?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 AM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
BP why not just race wit hthe rest of the group in the 104 class? or 180mm class whatever it might become.
I will run the 104 class
But I also know there are guys out there who own chassis other than 104's that want to race but dont want to pony up for a new chassis.
IMO F1 should be one class with a common powertrain formula ( 2s Lipo silvercan /21.5 brushless etc) , and a common tire ( Ride or Pit Shimizu that fits your chassis of choice, but a common compound ie; hard fronts/soft rears)
My issue with foam is that there will be people that have no problem whittling down a brand new tire to less than half of its original sidewall to go fast. This increases the cost to be truly competitive. With rubber you have the initial investment , but your rollout and rideheight is locked, so you dont have to retune the car as the tires get smaller. Also with a fixed diameter the ratios will be much closer which means the racing will be closer.
I will plan to come down on the 18th, and I will bring my 104, and a 103, I want to see how much difference there is between the two on this particular track.