R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
kerby
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Where or what kind of track are you running? I'm running at OCRC which is a high bite indoor clay track. My experience with the grease out of the box, was that it pushed on fast on-power turns, but would rotate like a top in off-power turns. It was kind of difficult to get used to at first and I found it looping out at the end of fast parts of the track where you break such as at the end of the straight. But was fantastic on tight turns where you rotate into them and power out of them. It did take a while to get used to and it also felt a little inconsistent. But it seems a bit more consistent now that it's gotten broken in and heat cycled many times over, I've gotten really used to it and like it a lot. I still haven't run oils yet and have been running the grease since I got the car the first week it came out, so I don't have anything to compare it to other than my 1/8th scale car. I do like it though as of now. Once more parts become available, I'm going to build new diffs with either 5-5-3, 5-5-2 or 3-3-2 and keep the old ones filled with the grease, so I can go back and forth and see what I like the best. I know Ryan's working on trying to get the grease packaged to make it available to those who do like the feel of the grease better than oils.
I was running on a high bite track with some loose spots. The owner just changed the track to clay and we run slicks now. When I had grease it just seem to push hard coming out of a corner, and handled much better with 5-5-3. I think everybody has opinions on various set-ups....what works for one person doesn't for the other. This truck is very good on the clay track. I drove the AE 4wd and they a tough to drive, glad I went with the Losi.