R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2 Questions & a plateful of sorrow
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 AM
ratjayfala
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
**Originally posted in Losi forums but no replies**

So I finally got my Ten running- took it very easy for a gallon and a half after her maiden run of 5mins about a month ago (thanks to ROSS issues). I modded the tank & put in the M2C clutch and quickmounts so far. I ran it very slow for break in- then I got curious and wanted to see how this new clutch performed--hit the throttle for what I thought was a quick burst-
then the Ten literally took off-- faster than a fat kid on a twinkie. My reflexes aren't as quick as this Ten so a curb decided to help me stop the rocket- head on.

Now I have a loosely hanging front end (no pun intended). The 4 screws at the bumper/bottom area are gone and the shaft popped out at the front brake pad.

I saw my happiness fly by in an instant, then sadly took my Ten back to her perch on my workbench...

Do you think this will be a fairly easy/ inexpensive repair? I looked at the parts explosion doc, I guess I'm in remorse for killing my Ten because the pics are unbearable to view.

Another question- can this engine fit on the Ten: Axial .21RR-1 Engine (Black)?
Maybe I should learn to drive her before I give her more speed, huh? ...just sayin...
What sort of car is a Ten? Post some pictures.