R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
pyromania
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daign
I didn't even mention the racing aspect because i'm not going to drive 45 minutes to stand next to a bunch of 12 year olds who couldn't figure out how to solder a 3.5 motor plug. AND I'm in downtown LA a huge metropolis. Thats how dead RC racing is. When nothing was RTR we had maybe 6 tracks local in southern california. Now you have to drive almost an hour to the 2.

Back in the day a kid would get into the hobby with a frog or a hornet. A Tamiya, simple to build, A CHILD CAN BUILD. I built mine in 2 days when I was 12. The excitement of seeing your project come to life is what it was all about. I went to Ascot and it broke, I knew what broke because I built it.

Now its all about idiots that want to be ken block and will pay $150 extra for a special body and some green wheels. Most people didn't have anyone in the hobby they knew, there was a local hobby shop and you went and dreamt about the clodbuster and USA1. I've never raced. Found it boring. Always bashed. Both with friends and solo.

With the exception of Custom Rails and Wild custom projects I'm bored with cars and trucks. I'm only interested in scale stuff now.

I build kits for you lazy people to buy on ebay, and pay you do. Its amazing. I've sold 4 $700 crawlers because people are so lazy.

There are way more than just 2 tracks near LA.
-Revelation Raceway (Ontario)
-OCRC (Huntington Beach)
-West Coast (La Mirada)
-HotRod Hobbies (Valencia)
-Thunder Alley (Beaumont)
-ARC (Temecula)
-HCR (Hemet)...

Still many more to list...

Originally Posted by sdtech58
Whoever is selling you O'Donnell's at $45/gallon is bending you over. None of the fuels at my LHS (Sidewinder, Byrons, O'Donnell, Nitrotane) are over $32/gallon. Not to say that $32 is exactly cheap, but wow!!!
I have to agree. Around here it's $29 for a gallon of Nitrotane. Usually the other brands are $1-3 cheaper.