Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Pro10noob
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Adam,

Thanks for that.
Going to try if it works.
Lucky for me i am not comming back to that circuit this year
As it was a Tamiya sponsered event i had to use all Tamiya parts and didn't had any softer springs i couldn't try this.
I recieved the car just 2 days before the event and had to build it up from scratch as it was not setup properly at all.
Ordered the on road spring set from tamiya and have to wait till they arrive so i can test them.
Also on it's way is the new TRF(white) gear diff version 2 and a 3Racing one so i can try that one besides the Spec-R gear diff and see if there is any difference

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Adam Jacobs
Roy,

I had the same problem with the rear of my car (416X) getting out of shape mid race.

From the stand the car was on rails for the first 6 or 7 laps then the rear grip went away. I was told by a couple of mod guys that the tires were working to hard in the corners and heating up and going off.

I couldn't hear that from the stand and I didn't want to make changes as the car was so good for the most part but in the end I had to flow the car more which required making the car softer all round and create less understeer.

This resulted in the tires not working as hard and not going off . I also lowered the roll centres.

Hope this helps.

AJ