R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:00 AM
SneekyPete
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If not, please tell me exactly what I need. Im generaly bashin offroad, street, gravel, grass, etc. I plan on gettin to the track a few times this summer and get into racing again. Im generally looking for the best all around off-road set up. But I see some oils say cst and wt. Im kinda lost. So I just need to know exactly what I need. Please respond asap so I can order it.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Those oils you have selected will be fine. I have been running the same brand diff oil AT (Associated Lucas Oil) for nearly six months now with no problems at all.

Be careful not to over tighten the centre diff. If you over tighten the screws you can distort the diff housing and it will constantly leak. Screw the Delrin Spur and diff housing together until flush (not tight), then in a circular rotation, nip up each screw half a turn until firm. Be sure the gasket is clean and free from the original packing grease.

Diff oils irrespective of the manufacture use similar methods for describing the weight or viscosity of the oil i.e. 5000wt/5000cst/5k diff oil. Even though the descriptions are different all three oils should give you similar results.

CST is just an acronym for centistoke which is one of the units of measure for viscosity.