R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - tenshock sc401 short course Brushless MOTOR
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crusey_aus
How do you figure that mate ?

Check the Eagletree graphs posted in this thread that show the 4600 to have a loaded kv value of 4000

Hardly a big difference between that and the Castle value of 3800 ?

Have I missed something ?

No real world experience ?

Not everyone needs to race to have an interest in testing motors

I test the motors in my car (Slash 4x4) with an Eagletree data logger

Surely that data is as good as your "racing feel"

Cheers
Well, that makes all your eagletree data null and void then, because there is an obvious and blatent difference in the gearing needed for the 2 motors IN THE REAL WORLD. They are not EVEN CLOSE in real world gearing. The castle value of 3800 is obviously not a loaded KV, or your eagletree is obviously WRONG, or you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

You remind me of someone else on here, getting all involved in nonsense and trying to use equations with false numbers to prove an incorrect conclusion..... Trying to take manufaturers data, compiling that with dubious cheap electronic monitoring equipment, and thinking that will have any bearing on real world performance is just plain asinine.

No, your eagletree data is not as good as my "racing feel" and ACTUAL experience with the motors. I have a suggestion....actually go buy these motors and run them....and then tell me one isn't faster than the other. Until then, you are just talking out your arse.