R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - tenshock sc401 short course Brushless MOTOR
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crusey_aus
Bench racing ?

I am a basher and not a racer if thats what you mean and I test most of these motors with an Eagletree (some graphs are posted in this thread)

I understand the motor may feel differently under race conditions but to claim one makes more power than the other is what I questioned

Lets assume a heavy SC truck needs 800 watts (110 amps) burst to hit 35 mph

Plenty of motors out there will achieve it

The difference between them will be the temperature they run at

If the motor is making more power (drawing more amps) as claimed and the car isnt go any faster then the power is being lost as heat

I will pose it as a question again if that helps

Take the following motors

Castle 3800, 2400, 2650, 2200
Tenshock 4000, 4600, X802

Gear them all for the same speed

What do you think will be the difference between them ?

Cheers
Sorry mate, it just don't work that way in the real world. The efficiencies of the motors, rotating mass, and final drive efficiencies all play a role.

I know what I post because I HAVE ACTUALLY USED THEM back to back. I'm no noobie racer here, I'm the reigning 4x4 SCT State Champion.....I can tell the difference between a fast motor and a slow motor

Besides...all of your posts became irrelevant when you just posted that the gearing for the Castle 3800 and Tenshock 4600 would be similar. You obviously have no real world experience with the motors, so you likely should stop arguing with those that do.