R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are setup stations worth it???
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:15 PM
morkendi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crittertoo
got a hudy setup station..but used only on a newly build car about 3 times. The camber gauge, blocks, ride height gauge and a good digital calipers are most often used.

I often mount the tires that i want to run and set the ride height from there. Toe out at the front, i sorta eye ball it and i am off.

The question is how to you set toe out for the front using the Hudy station - every time the servo centers, it's a different 0...it does not return to 0 on the hudy transparent measurement ruler..so how the heck does one measure toe out if I can't zero it everytime?

as for the camber, i use the hudy setup station for the camber. mount the tires, run the track and adjust for an even tire wear all round.

a nice to have...imho
The way I messure toe. I do not turm on servo. I get one side to read at zero on clear top plate, then slide plate over and messure othe side, 2 would be 1 degree on each side, 4 would be 2 degrees on each side. I useally put mine on 3. I then set other tire at zero and recheck useing other side. I compress shocks a few times and recheck. really doesn't matter how you check it as long as you do it same way every time.