R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 AM
bobbyblaze
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So, got the 2-speed out, and sure enough, the two set screws inside the 2-speed clutch shoes were not all the way tight.. Do I really need to threadlock them? Doesn't say to in the instructions.. And, getting the screws all the way out requires disassembling the 2-speed I think.. Whereas just to tighten it down I can do with the 2-speed still in one piece(or even could have done it still in the car...)

Thanks for the tip btw!!

Again, I bought these two DM-1 1/7 scale "Sport" kits off ebay for dirt cheap. I think they had been sitting in some Czech hobby shop for at least three years...

EDIT - F' it.. Took the whole thing apart and threadlocked everything, new bearings, etc.. All the set-screws were loose... Only thing that concerns me is that the shift-point setting screws, at five turns out as per the manual, are noticeably further in than the screws were before. The shift point was OK before. I hope it isn't too thrown off now..
threadlock i never use threadlock on the 2speed but5 turns is a starting point.... i do 6-6 1/2 turns depending on track on my Dm-1 spec ...one question, how you got the middle screws that set the gap on the 2 speed shoes?