R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
That little added shim makes the shocks twice as better? I think im ganna order me some.
Well, I haven't put them on mine yet as I've just ordered some but just a quick word of warning - these little shims won't compensate for washed-out shock oil, too-used o-rings, poor rebound symmetry, collapsed springs, binding hinge pins and balljoints, excessive slop in plastic, (even slightly) bent shock shafts, and so on so forth... you get the idea, this is the extra fraction of % stuff that anal people like me are always after ...

if you've never thought that your shocks were sticking, then don't bother. Plus I also believe that it WILL provide not as good a seal as the "stickier" setup... there's a reason why Koji and the boys designed it like this I'd say. That's fine with me really as I keep changing oil in the shocks for the heck of it

BTW you could reach the exact same result by sanding the teflon shims that go in the cartridges to make them slightly thinner... this is what we used to do on AE 10th scale shocks teflon washers till not too long ago, same exact result - less crushing of the o-rings.

I can't wait to try it though

Paul