R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rick's Hobby Farm 2011 Schedule
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 AM
johnnyshore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banner73
Instead of sitting at home and playing keyboard cowboy, please stop bashing the place on this and other forums and show up to help or find another track which is open all day 7 days a week and free of charge to use. Thank you
I only asked about the track issues because it was 3-4 days before the first club race of the season, and the track looked like it hadn't been touched since last fall. I don't think anyone was expecting "major work" to be done...a few jumps needed resurfacing, and a few tubes put back into place. Had the water been working last Tuesday night, we would have fixed some of the jumps ourselves (that dirt is not easy to work with when it's dry).

I know for a fact that Zach was out there numerous times last summer working on the track, supply his own generator for lights, etc, so I don't think the "keyboard cowboy" statement is a fair comment. Zach and I also organized and ran several races out there last year, a couple of them with pretty good turnouts, and every penny of the race fees collected went into that donation box.

I think we've done our fair share to promote and support the track.