R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 06:40 PM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Dave, thanks for mentioning me in your post.

Donuts, Cyrul was punted off the track and under the drivers stand by Baker coming off the sweeper in the first lap of the first main. They marshalled him efficiently, but Josh was 10th. He drove through the field and was around 5th or 4th with 2 minutes to go, or so. Then the Associated team messed up, every body crashed and Josh was back in the lead.

I also want to mention something about the last main when Josh didn't participate. Baker ran out front for about 2.5 to 3 minutes with Mike Lufaso on his tail. The Fabulous one was holding the pace down. They were running 12.0's when they run 11.6 and 11.7 in other heats. Kinwald poured it on and caught them. Mike saw him coming and past Barry down the straight and into the sweeper, but he didn't make it. Kinwald blasted him in the sweeper, sending Mike back into the pack. He eventually went out when a E clip came off his right front and the tire came off the car. Kinwald was warned by the race officials for rough driving and he came off the track for a couple of laps. I think he said some things to the officials. Barry took back the lead at that point and lead Mike Dumas to the end. Kinwald re-entered the track and waited for Barry. He held Barry up for the last minute, but Barry was still able to keep his lead. After passing the start finish line, Kinwald took a couple of shots at Barry's car, but Barry dodged him. You can take it as you want, but I think ROAR messed up for not calling Kinwald off the track while driving in front of Barry. He could have cost Barry the heat by running that close. Being a lap or two down, he should have let them go and just drove along to the finish. End of story (unless there are questions).