R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:07 PM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR007
I feel this whole arguement is a little rediculous really. People are saying "we're burning motors because we have to gear up to go fast on the straight". Well, if you over-gear, you damage gear. I got taught that in my first year of racing. If EVERYONE is gearing to correct temps then NO-ONE is faster on the straight (slight simplification of course)
Before turbo, we all lived with the FACT that you have acceleration or speed, not both. Everyone makes their choices depending on what compromise they want to make to suit their driving.
It's not rocket-science guys. But then, I may be missing something, so hope this doesn't upset those in the know....

The point is if you have cash or a sponsorship overgearing and blowing up motors is no big deal. A motor can only take 200 degrees so many runs. And if you don't care you can push the limits and replace your motor every week and have an insanely better chance of winning all things being equal to the guy that doesn't get free motors or have a bigger budget than you.

It's not like I'm arguing because I am in the worse of the 2 categories. I have very good sponsors and can afford to blow motors up to go fast if I like but I don't think it is right or fair for everyone else not as fortunate.