R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lcg chasis slash 4x4
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
nytryder
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
The Slash 4x4 doesnt even really need a LCG chassis to be competitive IMO , spend some time tweaking the suspension and run the right tires and that will help you the most . Box stock the shock oils and spring rates are pretty off and setup more for the basher than the racer .
I tweaked my slash to death, and it still had traction rolling issues even running extremely low ride height and tuned shocks, because the raised stock chassis makes it un competetive against the other stock lcg chassis trucks.

That said the other 4x4SCT's are better IMO for racing not just because they have lower CG but because their design is better all around .
Well, this statement is mostly true concerning a stock chassis Slash, but with the SSClcg chassis, the Slash4x4 is every bit as competetive and even more than some of the other available trucks out there. This, along with the rock solid durability, make it one of the best designs available.

Not trying to be offensive here, but There is absolutely NO comparison from a stock "tweaked" slash, and the ssclcg chassis. I have been living it EVERY time I go to the track. It's not even close.

For me, I just keep on enjoying all the attention this truck gets as it rails around the track. The ear to ear grin I have as I'm passing fast drivers that I couldn't before the chassis change is priceless. To see the frustration in their faces because they just spent 3,4,500$$ on the new latest 4x4 after dumping their slashes and got passed in a turn by my lcg slash while they traction roll...PRICLESS.