R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I got SCAMMED :( sucks, second time....
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
turb06le240
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Messed with Oil and hate the smell and mess....lol I have done new construction install in Estes Park, Colorado and loved it out there and the pay was great for being new. Most of the work I have done was retrofitting new systems. Done boilers also in Colorado for the house as well as the driveways, floors, and stairs for the outside.... Love pex....lol I actually enjoy sheet metal work the most.

The local shops dont hire the younger guys since jobs are hard to come buy so only have a little over two years in hvac work in the field and two years of schooling. Have done tons of side jobs tho.....

Also Inferno is right im not certified yet..... it sucks im kind of stuck in ohio till my wife gets done with her schooling to be a teacher
I used to like doing sheet metal {you feel like you accomplished something in a short time, because it goes so fast, Ive done thousands of feet of duct work}, but lately I crings when we have jobs with more than a couple transitions and some flex duct....
I also do a lot of radiant, and pecs is great, I use wirsbo expansion so its also a lot of work, but still better than sweating pipes all day...