R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is On-Road racing dead?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Vector03cobra
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
SORRY EVERYONE FOR WASTING YOUR TIME.... I AM WRONG, AND YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED TO SPEND $2000 DOLLARS OR ELSE YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!!!

ENJOY YOUR $2000 CLUB GUYS AND WATCH HOW LONG YOUR RACING CONTINUES FOR...

10 years ago i walked into my LHS bought and Thunder Tiger TS4n with radio for $400 dollars and went racing and won races with it. Anyone then could do the same..... Today we have club $2000 dollars!!!!

Watch the for sale section, i have about 15 cars about to sell cheap, some unopened!!!

Enjoy!
Caps key got stuck.

look what you wrote man ...10 years ago.

in 1990 or 91 Cant remeber I was 12-13 and raced, I had a JRX-2 and a futaba magnum jr and really basic stuff and won, it was more then likely cheaper then your thunder tiger.

My first 1/12pan car was a fiberglass 12L and I was able to do very well with it at local races.

Can someone race and learn how to race with ready to run cars? Sure they can. Can they win races, I am sure they can. is it going to be competitive. I guess that depends on who your racing with.

I have seen a good number of ready to run or cars that are almost ready to run at onroad and offroad tracks, sure its a great way to get them into racing.

I am telling you if anyone else can drive the same or near the same and they have better stuff, they are going to win, not only that there is a good chance the product they are using is going to hold up better.

if your really that easy to get flustered and bust out the flame smile you might want to seek out the for sale thread and get out while you can.

No reason to get but hurt over a simple discussion.

I think why offroad is bigger is like some have said, its cheaper to get into to start with, once your racing its not going to be near as cheap and more then likely cost about the same. also you can use your offroad car to just bash around if you like. I dont know to many onroad racers just playing around with there onroad cars.

On the other hand you have far more weekend bashers that will try out racing.

I started in Dirt oval and offroad before moving to onroad, the cost is all about the same even more so if your talking 1/8th scale offroad vs 1/8th scale on road. with the exception of onroad 1/8th motors but even then you can get a good motor for under 380 now to start out with