R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Becoming consistent...
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Yokomo_Ant3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Personally one thing I find to becoming more consistant is of course Practice as much as possible, and getting to know your gear and what it does. At the beginning of last year for me, I was always chopping and changing everything (speedie, car whatever) then I just said to myself stick with one thing and make it work. I had two cars at the time (Xray T3 and Yokomo BD5W) but when gear diffs hit the stores, I went back to the Xray purely because they (gear diffs) felt awesome to drive with in Mod, and just persisted and got it going. I also decided on a motor and speedie combo, and stuck with it! It took a while, but once I sorted everything out I was able to pull, .1, .2, .3 cons runs pretty much every run. Now this was because the car never changed and all i did was drive it and drive it. And because of this I was actually getting faster, without realizing it. Ended up battling with two of Australia's Best drivers at the track, Never being able to do that before.

Since then I have changed a lot again, and then Turning 18 didnt help (going out every weekend) My consistancy has gone a bit out of the window of late, and I am noticing I can be very fast over 1 lap (Mr 1 lap wonder) But just cant drive it as consistantly as I want. I pretty much dont practice anymore, so practice is definatly a key ingredient to becoming consistant. So im now going to do what i did last year, find a happy medium, change nothing and drive drive drive

Also! If you are having a hard time with your car and setting it up, DONT just do what most do and jump ship to another brand, it usually never works out and you just get lost. Ive seen another driver here go through around 6 different cars in about 6 months!!!! Stick and persavere with it, and youll get there in the end, feeling good about it after too.

Hope someone gets something out of my rant

Cheers,

Antoni