R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rex p5 tunning questions
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
davinci
Tech Rookie

Default rex p5 tunning questions

hi guys, i'm just finishing tunning my engine but something's not right about my tuning

im pretty sure that im running it on the rich side but im not sure if im rich on the hsn or in the lsn or both, when i start the engine i have to run it some slow pass till the engine warms a bit, if i give it some gas it bogs down and stalls, sometimes it manages to return to idle without stalling.

when it gets some heat i can give it some more gas but sometimes bogs a bit at 3/4 throttle, i have to run it some more to get more heat, after that its very powerful, damn fast.

but my issue comes a full throttle, when i take a long straight and
open it, the engine revs very nicely (not very fast, not very slow) some times struggles just a bit, anyway, i go wot accelerates nice but about 2 secs of wot the engine revs and then dies, no bogging from a rich setting or hesitaton of a lean mixture.

this is my first high end engine, i have an average knowledge in tunning, but i can hear by the engine pitch that the engine revs somewhat high (comparing to the revs at wot of the engine in my savage), i'm sure that the rex engine will do more revs that the sav engine but i wanna be sure

i do belive my settings are kindda rich since under thight track conditions temps wont go far 85°C and combined with long straight runs (not wot, about 3/4) temps top at 100°C max

i like to run the engine in the 100°-110° range but if i lean it to get norm running temps the top speed will go higher, is it safe to lean it?
i didn't since i'm not very sure why is it dying at wot

sorry for the long post
hope you can help me guys