R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
slashdriver
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I'm working on setting up a TC3 as a spare/loaner VTA car, have a few questions for the TC3 wizards.

1) I have the composite plastic shocks, which I've installed the VCS2 upgrade kit on, and I am using a rear shock tower on the front per the more modern TC3 setup sheets.

I'm running into an issue where the shocks are just too long, especially on the front. I had to shim the front shock tower up 3mm AND take the uptravel limiters off the shock shaft (the VCS2 kit says these are required to prevent the piston from hitting the bladder) just to get enough uptravel to be able to push the chassis of the car flat to the ground. I had to remove the uptravel limiters on the rear as well. The pistons don't seem to hit the bladders, but the uptravel is still quite limited because the shocks don't compress short enough (the bottom spring retainer hits the bottom of the shock body and that's the shortest they can get).

Do the aluminum/factory/FT shock bodies compress shorter, or are they the same?

2) any tips on being able to run the diffs looser than the manual setting without having them slip obnoxiously? They are extremely tight compared to what I"m used to on other more modern TC chassis, and even when they are tight they slip.