R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM
8ight-e
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
OK...dumb question. These are measured with truck on droop blocks, and wheels/tires off......correct?

Here's the issue I have. I measure the shocks center to center and get them same...then I go back and measure the blue area of shock from adjusting collar to cap and it is a very different measurement. If the shocks are the same length shouldn't this area be the same?

I messed with droop screws but measurement doesn't change when screwing in or out. Bear with me here, want to understand and get this right.
Measure droop as discussed, do this with the car on blocks. You can keep the wheels tires on if they don't get in the way of your measurments, you just want the car off the ground to measure the full extension as the others described.

Measure ride hight with full weight, body batteries etc.. basically RTR. This is the distance between the table and your chassis (I say table because you need a flat surface to be accurate). (28mm rear, 27mm front is what I use but obviously what ever you like)

and yes.. the droop measurement is the same with or with out the droop pads installed. The amount the grub will stick out of the a-arm will obviously change, but the actual droop measurement is the same. If you have the droop pads installed do not adjust droop with these.. drop some thread locker on them and seat them firmly into the chassis, only the droop grub in the a-arm should be used to adjust the droop setting.