R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
larlev
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
16t is great on large outdoor tracks,, 14t for medium tracks and 12t for small tight tracks.

As the others noted Novak is for sensored only.. Most are running MMp, MM, MMM's or the Rx8 with the 3800.. they all work great, keep in mind the MMp on low voltage setups is very VERY picky with what servo's will work w/o issues, I always tell everyone to just get the hitec 985mg tis one of the best servo's around for the money and performance. If you have issues w/ the MMp just bypass and run a direct plug from your 2s lipo (only works on 2s lipo setups) into your Rx and disable onboard BEC (pull center wire from esc, or use an extension and cut the center on it).
You mention something I was curious about also. If I run the 1415...should I also change gearing dependent upon tracks? Say 20t for outdoor, and 18-19t for indoor since top speed isn't as important?

Or is the 1415 better all around on 20t only?

I have found the $5 spektrum cap spm1600 works great with no issues if using MMP with savox servo's. I have had zero glitching since installing using 2s. I do run spektrum radio