R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 PM
GBOGH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The "timing advance" is a dual mode or sensorless motor timing amount. If you're running sensored only setups this will not apply unless you have a sensor system failure.

Where are you geared in this offroad setup? How big is the track? Where is your "min throttle" set?
Thanks for helping Randy with this and the other "over" calibrating on the radio.

Track is a medium sized track, various lapttimes with the 17.5 SC are around 20-25 seconds a lap.

Internal Drive Ratio is 2.60 - HPI Blitz
Geared: 22/83 Motor Timing 10-12*
Boost: 45
Start RPM: 2903
End RPM: 12998
Voltage Cutoff: 2S
Drive Mode: Sensored Only
Motor Direction: Normal
Throttle Profile: 4
Current Limit: Off
Throttle Min: 10
Drag Brake: 15
Brake Strength: 90
Reverse: Off
Neutral Width: 10
Push Control: Off
Brake Min: 10

It's good on the straights just feels like it's lacking that so called torque these 17.5 motors are supposed to have, as a for instance coming out of a corner into a triple jump where it almost feels you have to give it all she's got to just barely make it over or in most cases literally case the jump or come up short if you don't have the speed through the burm, maybe it's normal and I just need to move up to the modified class instead. I was at 5000-20000 and with what I remember to be around a 25 or 26 / 83 and it was worse than the setup I went with. Motor temps about 150 and won't go higher no matter how hard or long I run it.