R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Whats with Proline Truggy Tires
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Saw that the Revolvers have been discontinued,

I can only hope that maybe a Revolver 2.0 will take it's place. Much like the buggy offering. I still think that a Sniper would complete the line up enough to keep most truggy racers happy.

It's a simular issue with AKA. They only need one other tread option to complete their line up. Enduro or Impact. Add in a newer soft style foam like the buggy and I think that would be enough.

Yet for what ever reason neither seem to be doing much R&D for truggy tires. I know the market is not as hot as it once was, which could explain the lack of R&D being done. That is not to say that something is being done quietly, and then Bam, new tire.

Seems that many Mfg.'s haven't been doing much with the truggy tires for a while now. Though VP-Pro, Duratrax, and Louise RC all have offerings for truggy tires. Sweep does as well. All four have a simular design in that the wheel size is that of a LPR, but has the buggy bead mounting like the VTR's do. Lastly Jconcepts has a new tire and wheel combo comming out that has a different bead mounting design.

There are options out there, but I too would like to see both Pro Line and AKA come out with new treads. Softer compounds are nice, but I doubt I'll need a M4 Hole Shot Truggy tire, unless I got them for free. LOL. Talk about one run.