R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC FLIGHT
Thread: RC FLIGHT
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 08:19 PM
lazy-b
Tech Master

Default How to make cheap helicopter float

To all Float flyer: dati sa Manggahan flood way, na papalipad sila Doc. Eusebio and sila Itchi Dimacali, every saturday morning, and they use electric speed boat to retrieved the plane.

Mga heli-float flyer...be careful when you fly in sea water....make sure you oil all those linkage and ball before you fly..and Clean it thoroughly after you fly....cause those wind with salt water vapor will cause RUST on your linkage/screw....it happen to my Kysoho Concept 30, I fly it on float in sea water, after two week Rust form on all Linkage,screw.....metal pa kasi ball dati its not stainless.

To all Modeller who has digital camera: kindly make a seperated copy of RC PICTURE, please put it on seperated folder or better on CD.....and also to those Older timer, please set aside your old RC Picture will scan it and save to CD.....Start collecting now.....You will most appreciate the Photo and Video after 20 years.

Toti.....I've seen 30 size Helicopter using a styroform salbabida....You need to practice first, cause the whole helicopter will really rotate during initial rotation, dahil walang friction, naka full right rudder to counter the rotation, as the head pick-up speed then slowly return the rudder to center....I practice on swimming pool....dapat quiet water....bagay dito sa Wild Life or sa Cubao beside Rustan supermart.....make sure the helicopter is perfectly balance on water, before flying it.

Jetta...How was your Sweichzer gas heli mo lagyan natin float yan, I have float for 60 SIZE heli. brand new never been used....or make your own float using COKE 2 liter empty bottle, use 2 or 3 coke liter on each side of float, and tape it on 2 Rod or bamboo stick about 2 inch apart. and use a 2 large spruce wood bolt-in or tied it on skid...then the 2 rod will just tie it on the spruce wood 90 degrees using nylon-Tied and rubber....Viola!!!...An almost un-destructible Float..You can paint it yellow or Orange to make it reallistic.....Make sure it will balance in water before flying it.

For small helicopter 30 size...you can use empty aluminum coke-in-can, instead of using Coke 2 liter bottle.....Viola!!!..another cheap float

Hi-Tech Float...use a carbon rod (Light and Strong)...instead of wood/bamboo...Pato (Ducks RC in Makati) has many different size of Cardon Rod and its low cost only...I use it as Push Rod on my bigger gas plane.

Last edited by lazy-b; 06-01-2004 at 10:24 PM.