R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
charlie_b
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
**I posted this in the newb area as well. Figured I'd ask the TT-01 experts for their opinion as well. Thanks!**

Greetings all,
After a few years away from the hobby, I've decided to work my way back in. Due to a new location, I'm pretty much out the off-road stuff. However, I'm living in Tokyo and decided to jump into on-road touring cars. I spent a few days looking at different options and what seemed to be popular/common models for what I wanted. All of my background has been in off-road and mostly bashing, with a little bit of simple racing.
I'm taking a different approach this time, because I got caugh up in the 'fast as you can buy' mindset the last time. I'm looking at putting something together that will be as fast as I can control, nothing more. I ended up buying a TT-01RE SA at the Futaba Shop in Akihabara. Going to order a body through one of the custom paint shops online that I have seen on the forums here. I'm not rushing into this since I will be pretty busy at work for the next few months, but will use my downtime to relax and either drive or wrench.
Having said all of that, I'm looking for some recommendations on the following:

-Motor & ESC (would rather go brushless due to low maintenence)
-Batteries (had lipos and brushless in an EMAXX a few years ago and loved it)
-Radio (2.4ghz obviosly)

I will possibly try to get into some low-level club racing, so I know that they will have certain specs to follow, but that may be down the road. I'm looking for something to practice with mainly.
I loved this hobby before, and am very happy to be back in it. Especially since the brushless/lipo options have become more reasonable.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say!
Pete,
Like Superspeed said, Speedpassion has a great product line. The Cirtix Combo is widely used here in the US as well as Europe with their famous ETS races. Probably the best answer i can give you is find out what the local tracks in your area are running for the current TT-01/Beginner class. Another good place to look is the local Tamiya Championship Series out there. Best of luck to you and let us know how ya do at your local track!