R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Ryan, can you list the changes that were made to the revised SCTE? From what I can see:

New diff pins
Thicker center driveline shaft
Updated rear bumper

Anything else?
The latest shipment will only have the updated diff pins. All of these updates are running changes so as old stock runs out, new stock will be added in. The updates are all just changes asked for, nothing too major, just minor imporvements.

New diff pins (only thing reall necessary and only thing HH will replace)
Thicker center f/r driveshafts
updated rear bumper (2x, so will come in stages)
updated rear arms

...and we are working on a new gear mold for the diffs. The existing gears work great, but the mold died, again. So, we are using the most updated software to make completely new gears with a new vendor for the diffs. Please dont ask me a ton of questions and dont call customer support on these new gears, still working on these.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
right now i'm going on ignorance is bliss... I had no wear when I got this truck, I put chris pins in before I ever used it. I have not taken the diffs apart yet.. and unless they feel like they need to be touched I plan on leaving them alone until the lightened outdrives are in. I'm also still waiting for some stock grease to become available (HINT HINT) as well for my front and center diff's. I like the grease better than oils, the truck feels great this way (run 2k oil in rear).
Yeah, I'm still working on getting a tube of some sort for the grease...lol.