R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho electric cars
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 08:01 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

cole - you're right. i'm close, though. were you talking about the battery being too far over? some of the battery is still on the other side. it's a bit too far. not with a transponder though. i'm trying to reduce the weight associated with the battery straps that i made. i'm gonna switch to aluminum posts and a carbon strap. i may then shim over the whole assembly until it's dead on. i took the pic just for documentation purposes. i still need to tweak.

sosidge - first... props to your handle name. and yes the mission is as solid as it gets. i have a 99pro and i love it. i think schumacher has it together with every aspect of their product. from design, to craftsmanship, to tech support they are complete. design after design i have noticed that they favor the ultra low cg approach rather than running everything as central as possible. so i have both extremes with these two cars. with schuie, even the motor is on one side. possibly the lowest cg of any tourer, but the weight is like wings when it comes to momentum and roll moments of inertia. at least in theory. i had to try the kx, but i dunno if the inline concentration is enough to compenstate for the raised cg. really i bought the fsr bullet to try to run a kx layout with the belt on the outside of the battery like the pro3. i don't have time to persue that road right now. in time though, id like to see a single belt design that transfers the power to two sealed gearboxes. heavy though, but should still be efficient given the tc3 drive characteristics. this would allow me to run everything like the kx, but directly on the chassis floor, not up 1/4"+. i had started with the idea of two fireblade 2wd gearboxes b/c i have so many schuie diff parts. couple this to a pivot ball susp and voila, my prototype. one day maybe.

word! lets keep this thread fresh. see ya.