R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Jeff D.
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I love this thing. I have a F103 and as much as I love it, I keep having a hard time finding parts for it.

??? Ebay, Banzai, D.Drive, StellaModels just to name a couple off the top of my head.

I don't know why people are concerned whether or not it'll come out of the box as fast or faster than the benchmark F103. The 104 and 109 still aren't and they've been out for a while now. I don't count the Corally F1 because of the significant difference out of scale/non-realistic looks tires and front suspension = cheater.

What I hope this new chassis does is spur development of different design, just like the 104/109 have. I know, Cross and other have done the inline battery before but now it seems like there are number of choices out there for 2wheel rwd chassis. Shorter wheelbase wide track(103) longer w.b. narrow track(104), the TRG 111 (drool), t-bar rear, link rear, lets not forget Mantisworx and now an independent rear? I think it's great that 3racing is trying something different. They make good quality parts, so even if this comes out on the cheap/plasticky side, I'm sure there be upgrades available. Veva la differance, or whatever them Frenchies say.

No doubt I'll be adding one to the collection.