Thread: Hyper 9 Pro RTR
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:59 PM
808gx7r
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EL DOMO
Is the Hyper 9 Pro RTR a good buggy?

Is $750 a good price for it?

I want to race, I have a Kyosho US SPORT for bashing, now I'm looking for a racer...

Due to my beginner status I want a racer that is durable but will be competitive as well, I don't want to buy a cheap racer only to feel like upgrading a few months later (my minister of finance and fun would possibly have a fit)...

I've looked at kits and race rollers but I think they are a bit out of my price range e.g: I would really like the 2010 IFMAR winning Kyosho WC edition buggy, but to get the kit and a worthy engine I'm looking at about $1,300+ I would'nt mind building one to get a bit more "hands on", but I figure I'll do that down the track a fair way...

So effectively I'm looking for the best RTR racer out there that will stand up to the bumps and grinds of the race circut, that also gives me a good chance of finishing and winning a race or 2...

I've been researching and asking around and I think the Hyper 9 Pro RTR is in the lead at the moment, it has the 20mm BB Shocks and stronger better designed front and rear arms that are the main breaking points of most buggies... Also the .21 3 port engine is better thatn the standard .28 engines that normally come with RTR's...

I could get a Hyper 8.5 RTR or a Hyper 8 RTR for about $100 - 150 cheaper, If anyone has any advice on what I should buy and what I should instantly upgrade it would aslo be appreciated...

Any opinions?
losi eight 2.0 RTR or eight t 2.0 RTR
waaay better