R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 02:47 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
D, Mark forgot to mention to you that with his LSN only at 1.25 turns out, he is having to use 0.5mm of gap in the carb (Idle speed).

I think this is why his engine idles nicely but as soon as touches his throttle to speed up the engine gurgles and bogs down ... the HSN is richer than it should be to compensate for the small gap.

Right now if he leans the LSN further it doesn't help the bogging down issue right?
Yep, this is true. But when I find that the engine gurgles and cuts out - if I lean the LSN (that's why it's at 1.25 turns out) then I can run ok.

Thanks to Sow, I'm getting to know how to setup the engine better - I think it all started by running the LSN rich, but with too low an idle speed. As soon as I took the glow plug driver away the engine died - I assumed this meant that the LSN was too rich, but Sow was saying that it is probably just that I don't have the idle set high enough.
This then led me to having a pretty lean LSN - and then when I pressed the throttle at bit and the engine cut out, I was thinking the LSN was still too lean and I leaned it further. Until it would pick up - but it looks like it was the HSN all along.

Cheers, Mark.