R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I have found that you do have to change your oil out a bit more often. Please keep in mind, I mostly run on indoor clay tracks. I would consider keeping them on if I ran outdoor (after soaking them in oil for a few days).
Soaking them obviously makes them a little softer and less prone to tearing ill assume ?

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX

Also does any one here use a power screw driver to work on RC's? I have been looking at a few and most are around 100.00 for a small driver, anyone had any luck with a cheaper driver for wrenching on RC'S? Don't want to strip things out but would like to speed the process up, I seen the guys at the hobby shop using power tools and the light bulb went off in my head like ooh yeah why didn't I think of that. Still haven't found a great tool for the job yet.

Hitachi All the way, The Makita is imo a little larger then I would personally prefer. A Clutch is Very Important at first to learn the gun and how powerful it is. If your on a serious budget the cheaper units from Home depot or your cheap tool center's will work, But the hitachi is Imo the best of the best. Light weight, powerful, 2 batteries, And A LOT of people use them at the track so If you forget to charge a pack or something more then likely you'll have a spare on the next table.

Originally Posted by Chase1472
I see a lot of sponsored guys use them. Makita has couple but all the good ones are $100+...
Hitachi is under 100$ and the best of the best.

Originally Posted by SEF
Ryan said the carbon towers are in stock. Not sure about hinge pin retainers.

You can get both from Steve at SNR http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...index&cPath=13

He doesn't have his carbon hinge pin retainers on his site, but email him at [email protected] and he will get them to you.

the weight difference is more drastic then normal as the stock plates are steel not alum like on 95% of other kits. While the SNR plates are a Big weight saving's I feel for most of the SC racing population the Steel was a Very Smart idea on Losi's part to keep those arms/toe plates in check.