R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Team Lotus
Tech Fanatic

To all those who keep saying that this new car will not be able to compete straight up with the straight axle pan F1's; you may be right. But who knows for sure?!! As I stated previously, no one here has seen or held this car for real, much less driven it to see how it really performs. You are all playing "armchair quarterback". Wait till you can do an actual head to head comparison before you judge it's performance.

Besides, the point I have been trying to make all along is not which design is the fastest, but which direction F1 rc racing should ultimately take. F1 rc racing has kind of limped along for years and years with no real direction. Different designs have been tried and some have failed. The class it self comes and goes. So the question we F1 rc racers need to ask ourselves is which is more important in the long run, and for the future of F1 rc racing. Do we want to just keep the "staus quo" because it's simple and comfortable, and we prefer all-out performance; or should F1 rc fully embrace the scale realism that it has flirted with for 20 years and see the manufacturers build fully scale realistic F1 cars that not only look very real but also offer excellent performance that, while it may not be as light and fast in a straight line as a direct drive straight axle car, it would still offer more than enough speed to make it fun to drive and race. I don't think this car will be that much slower than a straight axle design. I bet they will be a lot closer than many think. And outdoors on a less than perfect parking lot the 3 racing car may prove to have an advantage due to it's suspension and slightly heavier weight. We will have to wait and see.

I wonder when 3 racing is going to put it up on it's website and give us a price?