R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Tried Both

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Did any of you tried both Hyper 9E and MBX6 Eco?

What are the differences between both?
I've owned a VE8, 808E, RC8BE and currently a Hyper 9e. I've driven a converted Mugen and also the Eco. The Xray and Mugen feel similar too me even though the Mugen has tons of droop and the Xray has a minimal amount like a Losi. The Hyper feels more agressive like the Rc8be. Both cars turn extremely well, but I feel the Hyper is a bit more predictable and controlable.
One big difference between the Hyper and the others mentioned is the layout of the electronics. The others have radio tray/boxes that are basically carried over from their nitro versions. The Hyper is narrow and has the motor and battery mounted as close to the center as possible and also has the motor as far back as possible and the battery as far forward as possible. This design, (which works really well) leaves very little room for the other electronics,when compared to other cars mentioned. But, if you like to be a little creative when mounting you receiver,esc, etc. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS CAR! I'LL RACE IT TIL THE HYPER 10E COMES OUT