R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity "Monster Horsepower Locked" Motor Thread Discussion
Old 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
I am just happy someone is trying something to make racing better.
man, if only we asked ourselves that before each time we hit the 'submit reply' button...

the boost or not to boost is so played out .. and insignificant. it's certainly nothing worth screaming at each other over, or a cause to go pouting out of the track.

locked timing is fine. i think if nothing else, it might be causing trinity to do a better job of qc, which is likely responsible for ea's initial findings. will a better motor come out? maybe. but that's business/racing. people complain more about our self inflicted spending than over any legitimate issues. the hobby is always going to cost money. and it's always going to be exponentially proportional to one's will to be competitive, but i digress..

if nothing else, the 25% lower price tag should be something to feel slightly better about. and by limiting the number of variables that the manufacturers can optimize, we'll get a longer lifespan out of the speed limit that's indirectly set forth by the rules. << (which has been one of the biggest battles over the last half decade)

let's get something durable in place, and even more importantly ... let's get it on!!