R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Drew Ellis
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
drew, i am building the shocks ,aluminum as i should/think i have all the parts to do so, will try plastic after i run car so i have something to compare to, question is nit appears that i can ONLY build the shocks with <1> thin shim <1>0-ring >1> thick shim, assuming the thick shim is the 2 thicker ones on the shim parts tree. Question is they say the initial setting should be what you recommended with <2> o-rings per shock, but my kit only comes with 4 o-rings total, does this mean to build as per initial setting from the manual i have to purchase the <4> other o-rings to do so? Or is it OK to build the aluminum with parts supplied wich would be the option on right, 1 thin shim, 1 washer, 1 thick shim, you recommended building other way for the aluminum ones, should i order the o-rings for beter performance or just build with the thck shims? thankyou
for the RX8 btw...

tommy

lastly, on the guys blowing rear bearings, are the the ones that are where the rear shaft is? where the outside<side>pulley is,i noticed they have a optional aluminum part to get rid of the plastic part thats there!, wondering if the plastic is distorting, hence blowing bearing, it would make sense??

Tommy, I will check and see why the o rings are not in the kit. I think the one o ring will work fine. We only use one o ring on the plastic shocks. Really thinking about it now I think the one o ring is where to go. Your damping should feel more the same from run to run.

About the bearing we have not had a problem, but I think your right about the collar getting worn down and thats way they went to a alum one. There is a lot of load on those parts.

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Drew, hopefully got an easy one here for ya. I have a P56 on the shelf from last year. Are you guys mounting more forward, centered up or rearward? Or just center up on the front wheel cut out?

Got the start board tweaked for the NT1. It's time to light the fuse.

Tommy; for what it's worth, I just built my shocks last night. I went aluminum bodies, 1 o-ring. I don't recall seeing 8 o-rings if I wanted to go double in each.

Brian

Brian,The body Ralph likes the best is the SRC Kruzer. We never ran the P56. I would think the best place to start with the body would be in a neutral position. So I would just go center and tune from there. I think you will like the Kruzer better.

Thanks Drew