R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to 10th scale electric....what should I buy?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:40 PM
roddude65
Tech Apprentice

atlrcracer

if there are tracks near you .. take a trip out to the tracks and see what the majority are running ... then decide on which kit to get .... most manufactures have stripped down basic kits if their high dollar racers ... the racer version of the TC3 from Associated .. the basic XXX-s from the Losi camp ... the Xray T1r from Xray/Hudy ... all are stripped down racers that would do ok as street bashers ... but get what has local parts support ( Assc. and Losi should for sure ) ... and get what the local racers have incase you want to start racing so you will have someone to get setup help from .. you dont want to be a newbie at the track with a car that no one else has .. it makes for long race days and short ones if you break a part and the onsite shop doesnt have it and a very large learning curve for what works and what doesnt on the track .... I personally run Associated products and I have been very happy with them ... I have also run the Losi XXX-S basic plastic car ... I liked the TC3 better so thats what I run .. I have two electric chassis and a nitro NTC3 chassis ... and I love them all ... so that would be MY preference .. but get what the locals are racing and then just have fun with it

have fun racing

E