R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
snowboardgeek1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Raced my first legit race this weekend. Truck held up great, plenty of power with the 1415. Temps in the 130's all day and it was in the 90's.
I did bend the rear shock tower..had the carbon's in the box, so it wasn't a big deal. Still have a few issues with nose diving the truck...think I know what I'm doing wrong, but still happens more than I would like.

Did have a power issue with the MMP. I got hit in the side and lost power. Had to run down from the stand and turn the on-off switch back and forth. Finally got it going. Is it OK to cut the switch out and solder it together?

Thanks to all of you that have helped me get to this point...I really appreciate the patience you guys have shown on here. Plan on racing many more....the RC bug has set in in a big way now.
Yes it is ok to cut the switch out and solder the wires direct. In fact a lot of people do this mod because of the same situation you had.

Glad you like the SCTE. Have fun with it!

I also have that combo. Geared at 20T with a 3S is crazy fast. Right now, my favorite combo is my RX8 and CC 1410 3800. The motor is lighter than the 1415, and geared at 18, torque and speed is awesome. Temps is similar to the 1415. I love these 4 pole motors that CC is producing.