R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Classic 1/12th
Thread: Classic 1/12th
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 AM
TracySlatten
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by corallyman
Yes, this thread is the "bomb" Tracy. Car looks cool, how did the wiper resister survive the test run? What turn motor is that in there?
The NES 1A's look great in there.

How are you RoyU, I still have the 12i mono front end you sent me awhile back, I now have a proper chassis to mount it on, my "old" dream rc car will soon be complete. Thanks again. Hope all is well with you.

Steve

Steve,

I think it made it about 2 corners. Then just full throttle. But it was hooking up enough to make a some laps. So either I put a little less motor in, or I try the larger single barrell "wet" resistor with the parma heat sink...That is how I ran them in the past. The motor in there now is a 13/2...?
(If anyone has any resistors....I am looking. .8 ohm single barrel "wet", like the one that came stock with the RC10. )

Here is my "Open Vintage" model. Should be ready soon, fresh rubber, gear diff, "Ti" T-bar, D+D graphite chassis and all. Steve, if you notice this chassis had the provision for the AE front suspension. I am using a box futaba radio with it. If anyone remembers how the dual rate was added to the old radio's or remember what ohm figure was used on the "pot", please let me know. The upgrade was available from delta to modify a stock radio. It installed into the charging plug location usually. I am looking for 4 cell's with this one, If anyone know a good place to order single cells, that would be great too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Phaser Web.jpg
Views:	2119
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	748851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Phaser Pod.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	748852