R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC6 - TC5 Universal CVA Conversion with new design C hubs.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Verndog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
i am using hot bodies on mine and all you change is the bearing and a lot cheaper than xray $60 a set
Originally Posted by skypilot
you should come over and go thru my junk drawer, i got all kinds of crap i can't seem to throw away, probably have so hexs in there.

by "drawer" I mean room full of boxes
Thanks Ritchie but that may be a goose chase. The Hot Bodies shaft splits the bearing section diameter and the threaded end in the middle of the hex it appears. I tried drilling out the AE hexes, but the fit because of the stepdown is very sad, wheel runnout way beyond what I'll run.

Guess it's just frustrating after buying the Spec R's, finding they are trash (008 backups at best), then quotes like the above that say just change bearing which is BS is irritating. The blade has to be drilled out (as Troy pointed out), bearings changed, C hubs machined out to .375 min, new axle shim, new hex drive pin (Hot Bodies .010 larger) and new Hot Bodies 5mm ID hex. For those interested, "that truly is all you gotta do"...(I hope). Had I known all these extra parts were involved I would have stuck with the AE's...but hey, those primroses sure smell good.