R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Ouch....I'm just tired of stripping every screw on the truck. $130 would save headaches though.
Get some real tools. I have not seen anyone have issues with the screws that use high quality tools. These are the same screws that are in the 8ight so there is nothing unique about the screw set on the Ten. Get some good wrenches from MIP/Thorp, hudy, Losi, EDS or similar. Spending $100 on some good tools is a way better solution that will last longer then spending $130 on titanium screw kit that will save a few grams and probably strip as well if your tools are not up to the challenge.

Originally Posted by jrherald420
So whats the best wheels for the truck DE or Proline??? Both front wheels on mine bent after 2 packs, whats funny is i didnt crash or even get hit!
Losi wheels are best. I would probably go with DE next. The Prolines work in a pinch but the wheel webbing will rub on the arms at rull lock.

Originally Posted by jurquhart
this may be a silly question but can you replace the hex hubs on the SCTE with something from like the Slash 4x4 so that the premount tires work. Or will they not fit.
No the SCTE already has really thin hexes and zero offset wheels to keep it legal. If you have an offset wheel there is nothing you can do to make them work.