R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
defcone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blue247carz
Hi Guys wonder if anyone can help, just converted to the HW V2.1 120A esc from my SP GT2.0 Pro. The HW esc seems to have a little less punch but seems to run higher timing than my SP version even though both are running 205 mod firmware and 26deg timing. Running the same motor 4.5t X12 I have to run 1 pinion lower otherwise the motor gets to hot and the car is still accelerating at the end of the straight!

My questions are:
1) Can I use my SP usb programming box with the SP 1.35 software to program the esc ie 205, 422, 518 etc and is this as good or the same as the HW software?

2) Our BRCA National series runs at very large asphalt tracks with straights up to 70 meters long, what firmware, settings & gearing should I be running with a 4.5t X12 motor.

3) I tried running with the SP 422 firmware with the 4.5t X12 on default settings and the + & - wires came unsoldered from the esc within 2 laps.
(but it was very fast)

Sorry if I have missed any previous posts I could not seem to find any.

Paul
Lucky you didn't blow anything running an lrp 4.5t x12 with stock 422 settings lol. For a 5.5t I ran one or two above middle settings with 7.8fdr. I would start with low timing settings and middle boost and start from there. Try a 8.5ish fdr.