R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 ROAR Short Course Rules..
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
ScottKelly911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

4WD SCT should be an open motor/esc/battery class. Simple and less restrictive. There are too many manufacturers, driving styles and surface conditions all which necessitate different motor/esc and battery styles. ROAR is oblivious to what's going on at the local level. This is exactly why racing in the 80's and early 90's lost a lot of the fun. Too much regulation which stymied progress. It was the bashers who didn't care about rules and just wanted to make their cars better and faster that helped progress the sport. As more and more bashers came in and racers that had to adhere to strict rules began to wain, the companies finally started producing product that made the cars better and faster dedicated to the "bashers". So, they couldn't race, they came to the track on practice days and would beat the "fast guys". Sure they were "cheating" but not really, they were just running the latest technologies. Bottom line, ROAR should be helping to advance the hobby, not keeping it in the dark ages. And not allowing 4-pole motors, that's keeping it in the dark ages. I really don't understand ROAR's thinking. I know you can't please all the people all the time, but ROAR sure finds a way to please none of the people almost all of the time. I'm so glad that my track doesn't adhere to ROAR standards. I can tell you this, if they did, they'd be out of business. Why would ROAR want to run rules that diminishes turn out? I thought they're supposed to help the hobby not hurt it.

One day, hopefully we'll see a more cohesive and forward thinking governing body.