R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
So, I finally have to post something about all of this motor versus temp versus weight...mph...and on and on. I have run many systems in this truck. This truck is a 10th scale truck so lets take 10th scale 4wd mod, it does on average 32-35 on a 120 foot stright. So, why does everyone get stuck on mph and whatnot with these trucks on large outdoor tracks. These are not supposed to be as fast as an 8th scale. Thats why ROAR put a 2s limit on the class. So, when your motor is boiling at 190-200 degrees and you get 38-40 out of it, well, thats too much according to the class. We can make this car as light as a durango and then it would break as easy too. But its heavier, not a tank as some put it, but heavier. We are even working on and have come out with a lot of things to make it even lighter. My car is under 6 pounds without the body. I used to push my 8th scale around with a 550 and ran fine and won races with it. So if I can push an 8 pound car around, I can do a 6.5 pound car, no problem.

Now as a hobbyist, I understand you always want it faster. But now I can see where all of the issues are coming from. 8th scale motor this, 3s that...I have a couple 4.5's, a 5.5, a 3800, a 2400, and a 2800 that running in 102 degree weather today all stayed under 180 on a decent sized outdoor track. Some never got over 165 12 minutes into running them. And yes, I drive hard.

Now, keep up the healthy debate, but lets get away from the heavy this, how do you that...everyone will have a different experience and that is what the forums are for. Just dont sound confused when your car is going 40 and you are having heat or speedo issues.
Racers do what racers do, and thats try to extract every ounce of speed out of everything they have. Nobody can expect anything less, nor should they.

And I respectfully disagree about the Tank statement. 7lbs for a stocker with a 550 is pretty Tankish If not Tankish, maybe Morbidly Obese?