R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why nitro conversion to electric? 1/8 4wd buggy
Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Personally, i would look for a vehicle that does it best to get its weight to the centerline as much as possible, especially if its one using a 1 pack setup.

That being said, when I decided to get back into 1/8 electric after a 1 year time off (did 1/10), I was looking at the Hyper 9E (which I had before, excellent buggy), the dual pack designs like Caster Fusion, and the Tekno conversions. After seeing the new V4 setups from tekno that offer you the option of using mechanical brakes and have the narrow chassis setup (except the Losi conversion), I decided to purchase one mounted to a Hot bodies D8 since it was cheap.

The MBX6 Tekno conversions are a great option as well. And you get a variety of things you can try out like a clutch setup,traktion drive, mechanical brakes, long shank pinion setup (moves motor more forwards and allows mech brakes) or a traditional 1/8 pinion setup.

And its quality of design is really up there. If this was included with the kit you would be quite happy put if that way.