R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
rcmark17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Chris172
Thanks, I've been missing out then I run SC and have made a couple of weeknights, but the weekends would be nice. I saw Dan this past Sun actually and he asked me if I was racing but I said no - I thought oval was whole other ball of wax (car!). If I can run my truck then I'm there! If I run the same truck do most people tighten things up, limit the shocks, etc, or just keep it more run-whatcha-brung?
Originally Posted by Ostach24
Honestly most guys just run a piece of tape to keep them from flipping over.

If you want to set the car up specifically for oval then yeah put limiters in the shocks to drop it some, use a little heavier oil, might want the right side stiffer than the left, but honestly it's a great group of guys out at the track on Sundays and they strap a piece of tape around and have a great time. As far as the other stuff the track races mini sprint cars mini late models. Some guys ome to run pan cars about once a month or so. 2wd truck is a big class. Bring what you have and have a good time.
i second what andy says actually i run the friday night raod course (still funner than oval) and take my truck and throw it out on the oval as is works great if you have a good setup some guys there tell me i have a wrong setup and gearing but it is fast and corners great